I’m a journalist turned merchant.
Co-founder of Shorpy, Inc., an e-commerce business that sells and licenses historical images. Shorpy has an extensive archive of photographs and an active online community that explores the rich stories behind each image.
More than 25 years of experience running online services, including as editor-in-chief of online news for 6 newspapers, and helping manage the launch of The Orlando Sentinel on the Web. Before that I worked as a copy editor and page designer at The Orlando Sentinel.
I spend my work days generating SEO-driven copy, handling fiscal duties and managing customer service.
A proud graduate of Auburn University’s MBA program and the University of Florida’s School of Journalism.
- Shorpy - Historical Photo Archive
- Vintagraph - Vintage Art Posters
- Juniper Gallery - The Shorpy Store
- Ken Booth - This site
- Town Madison Development Projects - Updates on Madison, Alabama mixed use development
- What are WPA posters?
- What is a propaganda poster?
- Ukraine war propaganda posters
- Copywriting tips for your Shopify store
- How to read 100 books a year
I’ve been writing book reviews for more than 30 years, since I started at The Orlando Sentinel.