Friday morning coffee reads·
A weekly compendium of interesting articles. Grind, brew, sip and enjoy.
- Inside the booming black market for Spotify playlists.
- Why disco should be taken seriously.
- A video trip through 1911 New York City. The playback speed is corrected and that makes the video come alive.
- What you get with a $150,000 vacation package.
- Is British English Conquering America, or Vice Versa?
- The fate of the $100 laptop.
- Disney is building a Netflix rival.
- An extra wine of glass a day will shorten your life by 30 minutes. Related: Did drinking give me breast cancer?
- Dog rescuers, flush with donations, buy animals from the breeders they scorn.
- Jamie Livingston’s one Polaroid a day project is now a book.