Friday morning coffee reads·
An assortment of articles to while away the hours this Friday morning.
- Smartphone photography may subtly change what – and how – we remember.
- If you want a reservation at this Maine restaurant, you need to mail a letter. ”You’re free to mail a handwritten request between April 1 and April 10. They’ll gather them all up and draw names in a lottery on April 11 to fill tables.”
- If a Banksy appears on a building overnight. Who gets to cash in?
- Elderly Japanese women are shoplifting in search of the community and stability of jail.
- Live Nation rules music ticketing, some say with threats.
- How Instagram became art’s new playground.
- Paucity of phosphorus hints at precarious path for extraterrestrial life.
- If everyone’s a “curator,” does the word loose its meaning?