Friday afternoon coffee reads·
A regular roundup of interesting stories to enjoy with your Friday morning afternoon coffee.
- Haruki Murakami’s new novel declared ‘indecent’ by Hong Kong censors.
- Why are there so many suckers? A neuropsychologist explains.
- Every law is violent.
- Audience member steps in to save performance of La Boheme at Royal Opera House.
- Five grammar mistakes even the best writers make.
- Reflecting on 9 years living in China.
- Billy Joel may never write another song.
- The 50 highest-paid musicians.
- Stephen King is going through a cinematic renaissance, thanks to directors who grew up as fans.
- Mel Brooks at 92.