End of the week links·
- How safe is it to eat takeout? Pretty safe, according to the experts. But read the story to set your mind at ease.
- The 50 best contemporary novels over 500 pages. This is a good list based on the large number of books on it that I’ve read and enjoyed.
- Judge rules embedding Instagram photo isn’t copyright violation.. A New York federal judge says Mashable did not violate copyright law when it embedded an Instagram photo from photojournalist Stephanie Sinclair in an article.
- Here’s where two-thirds of the world’s jets are taking a break. This is worth it just for the many photos of idled commercial jets.
- The orbit of a star near our galaxy’s black hole proves Einstein right. “After 27 years of observation, we have finally nailed down the orbit of this star, called S2, precisely enough to spot a strange effect predicted by his general theory of relativity.”
- What will thieves do with their stolen Van Gogh painting? “And while there are occasional circumstances in which a robbery of a specific piece of art is commissioned, it’s more likely that this painting was stolen to be flipped in the black market.”