Friday morning coffee reads
A regular roundup of interesting stories to enjoy with your Friday morning coffee.
- Virtual reality so good Disney should just buy the whole company.
- The politicization of everything.
- The “Simpsons” jokes that never quite made it (and a few that barely did).
- Behind the scenes at Tokyo’s lost and found center.
- A few words to the graduates from David Sedaris.
- EU copyright proposal has free speech advocates worried.
- Netflix is hiring everybody in and out of Hollywood to make more TV shows than any network ever has. And it already knows which ones you’ll like. Related: How Netflix is trying to make sure its shows don’t get lost.
- An extensive investigation of the Grenfell Tower fire.
- Does musical paralysis set in at 28?
- A list of everything Anthony Bourdain hated.
- The wounds of the drone warrior.