Friday morning coffee reads
It’s time to settle down with a steaming mug of coffee, some interesting stories and begin putting off getting any meaningful work done today.
- A new view of how the moon formed.
- Against the Octopus. It’s not a crafty, soulful genius. It’s dinner. Of related interest is one of the best books I read last year: Other Minds: The Octopus, the Sea, and the Deep Origins of Consciousness by Peter Godfrey-Smith.
- The oldest restaurant in the world has had the same fire burning for 293 years.
- What it’s like to transit the Panama Canal on a 43’ catamaran. Here’s another blogger detailing the same trip.
- An engineer’s take on working at major tech companies.
- Colossal family tree shows genetics explains only a small part of differences in how long a person lives.
- Is Spotify really worth $20 billion?
- Man jailed after stabbing his neighbour for ‘incessantly’ reciting poetry.